Automotive Shop Foreman – Essential Duties
Ensures that repairs are performed correctly and efficiently by qualified technicians and that the service department maintains a consistently high level of customer satisfaction.
- Recruits, hires and motivates qualified service technicians.
- Assists technicians in developing their skills.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
- Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Ensures that all department employees receive appropriate manufacturer training.
- Conducts regular performance reviews for all technicians in accordance with dealership guidelines.
- Ensures that all repairs are assigned to technicians in an equal and fair manner.
- Provides technical support for technicians when necessary.
- Ensures repairs are charged out correctly.
- Checks progress of each repair order throughout the day.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Road tests vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Accounts for all documents; ensures that none are missing, and all are processed correctly.
- Establishes and maintains customer follow-up program to confirm satisfaction with the service experience.
- Handles all customer complaints within 24 hours, informing other managers as appropriate.
- Manages department performance using tools such as the daily operating control (DOC), efficiency and productivity control, comeback reports, warranty reports, telephone surveys and monthly forecasts.
- Monitors technicians’ daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records.
- Monitors shop condition, including cleanliness, safety and the condition of shop equipment. Reports problems to the service manager or dealer.
- Ensures the proper care, storage and inventory of special tools.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Fills in for service advisor and dispatcher when necessary.
- Attends managers meetings as requested.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with all other departments.
- Maintains safe work environment.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Male only
- Ages 25-35 year old up
- Diploma or Vocational of Technical School in automotive is a must.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in relevant field.
- BE HONEST and hard- working is a must, working well with the team. Be a team player!
- Contact person: Ms.Thoeurn Sochenda
- Phone No: 010 999 586
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: No 128, Russian Blvd, Sangkat Toek Thla, Khan Sen Sok, Phnom Penh Cambodia.
Job Category: Operational & Technical
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phnom Penh